Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to the next one! 1986 XV7050 Build!
(05-21-2016, 09:47 PM)KustomCandy Wrote: Good to see you got the Elecs sorted.

I like the shorter Fender my self.
Now, The Patina look/ Idea is smart thinking. Surface rust Mostly comes in one shade. Minral content differs tho, and that will change some. How ever. I would try.... A Dye. Or a thinned down Medium like Acrylic paint after the surface rust appears. You will get bleeding of course. But thinned down, you can layer that Hue to you desire.

Dan

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to and/wire wheel everything so its a nice metal finish. Clear it all. Then add flat black flames over parts to contrast the shine shit. we'll see though. I have literally been back and forth on what to do for days now.

Oh and I went with the shorter fender. will update again soon.
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
lol, Hearing you on the "in two minds" with what direction you'll go.

I was going for the High Bars, Peanut tank, short fender look. But till I collect the parts. I was just going to ditch the stock bars for a sort piece of 1" tube for drag bars. So while Im in the final stages of assembly, I have drags on the bike for mock up. I see it every morning out my kitchen window. And Im really liking the look now.... Damn it lol.

Dan
OK! So since the last update I did a couple things. First I chopped a little more off the cuts I made to make a bit more room for seat clearance. Welded tabs in place to close up the cuts. Re-mounted the TCI box under the seat area. Painted the temporary struts black so they don't look as bad lol. White walled the tires on the cheap with a can of Plastidip. and made a rusting solution to rust out the tins after trying a paint idea I didn't like. Yea yea I know "fake patina is lame" . . . but fuck its a Virago boys lol..And in all honesty it kinda takes on that old school root beer brown paint look which I like..... I also welded up the sissy bar, re mounted the signal lights and license plate and converted a trailer brake light I had to be a running light as well as brake light. Next up is some more black paint over some shiny shit and I am working on stitching together the cut up work boot to make the leather for the seat Smile Couple quick pics and then back to work....sorry I haven't taken a lot of in progress shots on the build. Just kinda start working and next thing ya know you're updating the forum 2 weeks later lol

[Image: IMG_0568_zpsol8jexed.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0569_zpsknbzwizx.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0576_zpselxwdurq.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0577_zpswskv713m.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0578_zpsbawzc863.jpg]
Video Link
http://vid1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag...9kvoj5.mp4
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Just a quick update showing the bike in the day time and the almost finished seat. Thanks for looking!

[Image: IMG_0592_zpstjk1paoo.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0596_zpsfjguwtdx.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0597_zps7grymytj.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0598_zpsfu6lzjla.jpg]

And a video cause why not . . .
https://youtu.be/n8N_BcFENlM
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
came out really good! gonna have to post this up on insta!
(06-06-2016, 12:42 PM)jmilay Wrote: came out really good! gonna have to post this up on insta!

Post away . . . but she's not done yet Wink
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Been a minute

So winter is coming to a close here. Weather is warming up and bike season is about to begin, so I figured I'd start posting again. I have a few plans to change the bike this year including paint, moving the forward controls about 3 inches forward, new exhaust or modding the current set up, possibly new lights, a set of risers and/or new bars, a different seat and running a Gen1 KJS single carb manifold.
And thats the first new post, anyone ever use one of the gen1 pjs manifolds? Any install tips etc? I figure the bike ran well enough with my makeshift single carb set up that this one should be an improvement no matter what lol.
Regardless this year I will be trying to add more content on here including posts from my rides etc as I plan on doing a lot more riding this year.
Anyway, I'll keep you all updated as I go and look forward to reconnecting with some of you.
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
The weekend project update

So I managed to get out to the shop a few times this weekend and got the Gen1 KJS manifold installed. Also took the baffles out of the exhaust. To keep things simple I just recorded some stuff and made a couple quick YouTube videos. So heres the links for those Smile

First Start up of the year vs first start up with KJS manifold
https://youtu.be/pJerX_1BB5k

Stock pipes at idle and rev VS Straight pipes at idle and rev
https://youtu.be/h95Zs3mxX8Y
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Well . . . It looks like this will be one of my last posts if not the last one on this thread. I am driving my bike about 5 hours away this Sunday and selling it off. Same place I am going to be buying a 2003 Roadstar 1600 (Anniversary edition) so I will probably start a new thread for that build. I'll post a couple shots of the bike as is now so you can see what I ended with. I did put the stock suspension on for the sale but up until last week had the hard tail struts installed still. Riding the bike with full suspension feels so different lol!
Anyway, until the next thread starts . .  ride safe everyone!

[Image: IMG_2784_zpstww2unt1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2785_zpslc2bizgm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2787_zpsuqnl8hz4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2788_zpslmskgh9b.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2793_zpsqhjlquee.jpg]
~Juan Carlito~

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750