Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Bobber Build
Been Keen to build a Bike for awhile. Rode mostly Dirt. But have always had a Likeing for Custom Cycles. So here we go.

09 XVS650 Custom. Sourced thro a guy that picks up recovered insurance bikes and flips them. The Story go's: Was a Stolen and recovered Vehicle. Its been classed by our RTA the Bike can be re-registered, after a certified inspection station gives the clear that the bike isn't a Vehicle replated by thieves to sell on. For this I have to restore the bike back to its last registered state (Which I have little knowledge of) So back to Factory is the default.

SO.. Before I can do any Mods.. Including Colour change. I have to replace parts that have been missing, cut off or butcher'd during its theft. And so it go's.

Plans:
Colour change. Blue, green or white.. I'm unsure. Airbrush with Pinstriping, as thats what I do.
Tank change. Peanut or stock? Im liking the Peanut a whole lot. But stock has its place too..
Pipes.. Rust is showing thro on what I have.. Thinking of Fabbing my own. Chroming here is expensive.. So wrap.
J-slammed.
Rear fender Mods... Build my own. Shorty
Head light.. Hate the Ness looking shit their already!!
Solo seat.. Unsure which way I'll go. But I have a good idea.
Handle Bars.. Those stockies can hang in the back room. Have plans to fab my own. I predict Internal wiring is going to be a bitch. We'll see.

Easy hey... lol

Attached Files
.jpg   vstar home.jpg (Size: 83.17 KB / Downloads: 60)
Can't wait for the outcome! Keep us posted!
Thanks Jmilay. Been collecting parts for the process, and with that, Im done.

Ive found the bike had been sitting around for a time and accumulated a fair bit of weathering. So far the Front pipe has been the only part I cant bring back.

Thieves had lost the Mufflers. Took the longest to source these (used)

Lost in the sale, the Ignition lock/key and the side Neck plate cover. Used, these where going for $80U.S. For the life of me, I couldn't find a Ignition lock/key ass here.
So I decided I'll make my own neck cover. And source a key barrel from a Sporty.
But then with research. Found these parts may not have pleased the inspectors. Resulting in a reassessment and fee's payable. Its a hefty bill as is. One time is all I want to be doing this!

.jpg   neckplate template.jpg (Size: 51.8 KB / Downloads: 62)

The Mirrored Cover plate.

Rear fender damage

.jpg   Fender cut.jpg (Size: 60.23 KB / Downloads: 53)

Glassed.

.jpg   grindpatch.jpg (Size: 79.99 KB / Downloads: 52)

More to come..

Dan
And sanded.

.jpg   groundedsmooth.jpg (Size: 65.97 KB / Downloads: 40)

The Tank. Well that was pretty beat up from the locking fuel cap being butchered off. Think they used a "Jimmy bar" here.
So I fabbed my self a Slide hammer from scrap.

.jpg   Dings circled.jpg (Size: 55.73 KB / Downloads: 40)

.jpg   dings.jpg (Size: 55.16 KB / Downloads: 39)

Pulled out..

A little polyester filler, Those side decals removed, DA sanded and Primed.

.jpg   prime scuffed.jpg (Size: 73.6 KB / Downloads: 38)
Nice work on the fender and tank!
Thanks Man. Getting closer to having this on the road. Then I can start with changes.

New Boots have been fitted. Rocker Box's looked as tho they had never been cleaned. So pulled 'em off for a polish (Man, that rear one is a Bitch to remove!)
Rear Fender had paint and ready to install. Fuel tank has been painted 4 times due to issues/ Incompatibility to the primer?? To say its testing my patience is an understatement!! I'll get it done.

.jpg   rockerpolished.jpg (Size: 55.71 KB / Downloads: 18)

Dan