Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21in or 23in front wheel.
What all do i need to install a 21 or 23 inch front wheel on a honda shadow vlx. Is there different width 21 or 23in wheels? Do i use my stock hub or what hub do I buy? Can I use my stock brakes and rotors?
I'm not sure whats required for the swap. I imagine if you still use the stock rotor, the stock caliper shouldnt be a problem. For the hub, you'd probably have to find a bearing set to fit the hub and axle combination that you have. I know there's a guy in Miami throwing 23"s on VLX's all day. I'll see if I can find his info. Saw a few of his bikes at a show with 23"s on front and back.
cool thanks
2 routes here
Keep front brake. You will have to use your spindle hub and have a 21 or 23 barrel laced in. Not sure how to check interchangeability from other models/bikes.
No brake. Google axle diameter list, find what axle yours has then look for a 21 or 23 available off another model then get spacers made at a machine shop. I took this route with my cb.

[Image: IMG_20150902_000921_zpsm3jblhw0.jpg]
[size=medium][b][size=large].          Email: metricfab@gmail.com    Instagram:  @metricfab         .[/size][/b][/size]
thanks for the info.