Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike #3 . . . Build #3? 03' XV1600 Road Star Silver Edition
Whats going on guys. As I briefly mentioned at the end of my last build thread, I sold my 86' XV750
IMG_2793
and used the money to pick up a new bike. An older gentleman had to have a surgery and his doctor told him he can't ride ever again. So he packed all his gear and made a for sale post. $2700cdn for the bike with Vance & Hines exhaust installed, plus 2 helmets, two sets of travel luggage, 2 bike covers (ones heavy duty for winter storage), 3 pairs of gloves, some rain gear, bike locks and cables, extra set of exhaust and of course the saddle bags etc that where on the bike all ready. He was the original owner and the bike only has 70,000km on it and has only ever been serviced by Yamaha dealers. All in all I was pretty happy with the find since all the other similar bikes I was looking at were $4000-$6000cdn or if the price was similar the km's were upwards of 160,000km. According to some initial research these bikes, when maintained well, last forever so 70,000 isn't bad at all.
Anyway, the bike is a 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition. According to the internet only 1600 were made and they all have a number plate on the back. Mine is 034/150 so I assume only 150 of the 1600 were sent to Canada. If anyone knows more about this please chime in as I am curious.
Here's a few pictures of the bike. The one in the back of the truck is on my way home and how I bought it. The next is after I took everything off to see how it looked and the last one is how it sits currently with just the passenger seat installed.

IMG_2812
IMG_2828
IMG_2830

I am looking for ideas as to what to do to this bike so if you have and cool ideas or suggestions that others have done please feel free to share. I am thinking of lowering the rear end an doing a so cal style cruiser with the big passing light cluster up front, some ape hangers, dual fishtail exhaust etc etc, but any cool suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for checking  it out and for any feedback!
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold:
79' Honda CB650
86' Yamaha XV750
Sweet! Looking forward to that build!
Just have to figure out what I want to do exactly first :p
" Look Long and enjoy the ride..."
~Juan Carlito~

Current Build - 2003 Yamaha Road Star 1600 Silver Edition 034/150

Bought,Built,Sold: